A Blueprint for GSAPP
As the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology (GSAPP) embarks on a new chapter, we have developed a blueprint for GSAPP — Explore, Connect and Excel — that will position us to meet the mental health needs of the 21st century. This planning process was multi-faceted and provided a foundation for the programs, progress and successes we pursue in the next five to ten years.
This new blueprint will build on GSAPP’s strengths, bring clarity to our decision making processes, and prepare us to tackle contemporary problems while remaining faithful to the rich traditions we value. It will also position GSAPP to face the challenges that lie ahead for our school and for the profession. In this plan, we renew our commitment to preparing students who will excel in professional practice and are equipped to assume leadership in a changing world.
Professional schools of psychology face many challenges and our response to financial and other pressures, while measured, must also be innovative. GSAPP must retain its standard of excellence as we continue to be leaders in innovative practices and serve the vulnerable. We must balance our resolve to provide quality education, while being good stewards of our resources. We must grow while maintaining what is good and valued.
Towards these aspirations, five workgroups were tasked with developing the blueprint addressing the following dimensions:
- Strengthen the academic quality of existing programs to enrich student experience, learning, and success.
- Identify and explore potential areas of academic growth that strengthens GSAPP’s financial position and extends GSAPP’s influence on the professional mental health community nationally and internationally.
- Expand and develop a strong network for alumni engagement and fundraising support.
- Develop annual and multi-year operating and capital budget policies and procedures that adhere to sound financial principles; strengthens GSAPP’s financial position; and supports students and faculty work.
- Integrate and optimize GSAPP’s various entities, operations and departments to enrich student learning and support GSAPP’s mission.