Articles on the Postdoc Year / Finding a Postdoc
- “The Skinny on the Postdoc”: http://gradpsych.apags.org/gradpsych/2004/01/postdoc-skinny.aspx
- “Postdoc Resources”: http://gradpsych.apags.org/gradpsych/2004/01/postdoc-resources.aspx
- “Going Their Own Way” (finding a custom-tailored postdoc): http://gradpsych.apags.org/gradpsych/2004/01/postdoc-ownway.aspx
Postdoc Relevant Resources
- APA Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation: www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/ Includes a list of accredited postdoc programs and the criteria used to accredit them.
- Next Wave Postdoc Network: http://nextwave.sciencemag.org/pdn/ Published by Science magazine and includes tips on interviewing, managing your lab, getting funding and publishing. There's also a listserv.
- National Postdoctoral Association: www.nationalpostdoc.org Formed a year ago to address postdoc issues across disciplines.
- Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC): http://www.appic.org/About-APPIC/Postdoctoral Includes lists of APPIC member-organizations that offer formal postdoc training and a listserv.
- Association of Postdoctoral Programs In Clinical Neuropsychology: http://www.appcn.org/
- William Alanson White Institute's Postdoctoral Fellowship: www.wawhite.org/training_programs/postdoctoral.htm
- National Institute for the Psychotherapies' Postdoctoral Fellowship: www.nipinst.org/pro/postdoc_program_overview.html
- American Psychoanalytic Association's list of select fellowships: www.apsa.org/TrainingandEducation/LocalFellowshipPrograms/tabid/155/Default.aspx
- Postdoc jobs (very broad across disciplines): http://www.postdocjobs.com/
Postdoc Funding Resources
- APA Science Student Council: www.apa.org/science/apasscweb.html Housed in APA's Science Directorate, the council's Web site provides links to postdoc listings and funding opportunities.
- APA's Minority Fellowship Program: www.apa.org/mfp/ Which funds pre- and postdoctoral research. This year's funding deadline is January 15.
- APA's Education Directorate's listing of funding opportunities: www.apa.org/Ed/fundingops.pdf A list of federal and nonprofit funding options for students and recent graduates.
- National Research Service Awards: http://grants.nih.gov/training/nrsa.htm From the National Institutes of Health.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: www.hhs.gov/grants/index.shtml Includes links to funding opportunities from its many agencies.
- National Science Foundation: www.nsf.gov/sbe/ The Directorate for Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences offers basic science funding.
- GrantsNet: A database of funding opportunities in biomedical research and science education.