Location: Room A317
The prevalence of ASD is at an all-time high, with 1 in 34 8-year-olds having the diagnosis in NJ! The faculty and staff of GSAPP's Applied and Academic Autism Services Division want to help prepare you to support these important members of our diverse communities. Please join us for an interactive Q & A session, geared toward professionals and trainees who do not specialize in ASD. Some of the questions to be discussed include:
- How can we approach neurodiversity with thoughtfulness and sensitivity?
- What should I do if I suspect my client may have ASD?
- What kinds of conditions and mental health concerns are comorbid to ASD and how would I treat them?
- Where can I refer a child or adult client and/or family that needs more support with an ASD concern?
- What are common myths and controversies, and how do I navigate this while working in schools and with families?
- What are some important assessment resources?
- What do we know about ASD profiles and effective treatment across the spectrum and lifespan?