What is YAD-C?
Our clinic is an outpatient specialty program at the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology of Rutgers University, focusing on the treatment of child and adolescent anxiety and depression. Therapists are advanced doctoral students from the clinical and school psychology programs who are trained and supervised by Director, Dr. Brian Chu, who is a licensed psychologist and a faculty member of the Department of Clinical Psychology. He has been practicing for over 20 years and training evidence-based clinicians for nearly as long.
We specialize in providing diagnostic assessment and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for youth ages 9-17.
As part of a major training university, YAD-C is a research clinic that always uses treatment methods that are evidence-based, and supported by the latest research in child and adolescent psychology.
Who is Right For YAD-C?
If your child is between 9-17 years old and is experiencing any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for the YAD-C:
- Sad, down, blue, or irritable mood
- Withdrawal from friends, school/work, and social activities; disinterested in things you used to like
- Pervasive, persistent worries about multiple topics (i.e. school/work performance, family, health, future)
- Difficulty separating from home, parents, or loved one.
- Excessive fear or embarrassment in social situations
- Problems at home, school/work, or with peers as a result of mood or anxiety