Developing supports to address mental health needs of autistic students in postsecondary education
- Recruiting autistic students and their parents/guardians for a semester-long research study to evaluate a self-guided intervention designed to support the emotional well-being of autistic students enrolled in Postsecondary Education (PSE).
- Students must be 18+, accepted to or enrolled in PSE and have a previous diagnosis of ASD.
- Students can receive up to $253 for their participation.
- Parents/guardians can receive up to $40.
Interoceptive mechanisms supporting emotional deficits in autism spectrum disorder
- Recruiting adults (18-30) with a diagnoses of ASD who meet the following criterea for a one-time, in-person visit:
- No history of cardiovascular disease
- Not currently under any pharmalogical treatment
- normal or corrected-to-normal vision
- Participants will complete questionnaires and be asked to complete some tasks while being attached to sensors
- Participation is $10/hr (visit is 1h15m). Rutgers students will have the opportunity to recieve SONA course credits
Evaluation of a brief, telehealth intervention to support emotional distress of autistic adults during covid-19
- Recruiting adults (18+) with a diagnoses of ASD and an IOS or Android compatible smartphone
- Multiple telehealth visits to:
- Complete Questionnaires
- Create an Emotional Support Plan
- Weekly check-in visits
- 1 follow-up visit
- Participants may also complete check-ins via a smartphone app up to 4 times per day for 8 weeks
- Opportunity to recieve up to $160 for participation, $280 if participating in daily check-ins
VALIDATION OF THE AUTISM DIAGNOSTIC INTERVIEW - THIRD EDITION
- Recruiting adults (18+) seeking a diagnosis of ASD or with a previous diagnosis of ASD
- Must have a parent or caregiver willing to participate
- Multiple visits:
- For adult participant to complete questionnaires and complete a 2-3 hour assessment
- For the adult's parent or caregiver to complete questionnaires and complete two 2-4 hour interviews
- For a 1-hour feedback session to review test results
- Families can receive $75 for participation along with a brief written summary of test results.
fMRI study of academic achievement
- Recruiting adults (18-30 years old) with a diagnosis of ASD
- Must be right-handed and native English speakers
- Multiple visits
- One 3-hour session to complete behavioral testing
- One 2-hour session to complete an fMRI
- One 1-hour session to complete behavioral testing
- Participants can receive up to $120 for participation
Interested in learning more? Please look at this flyer for more information.