- Frequently Asked Questions
- Taking Care of Your Health
- Housing and On-Campus Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Taking Care of Your Health
There are numerous steps that you can take, personally, to protect yourself. I strongly urge you to follow the guidance of the CDC and of our own experts if you have any concerns about your own health.
During these challenging times we also need to be sensitive and respectful in supporting other members of our community. Stereotyping others because of their ethnicity is not only unlawful but also a violation of University policy and goes against our values as an inclusive community.
We would like to again provide students with information of whom to contact, should you have any questions/concerns regarding this issue:
- General questions – please speak with Director of Clinical Training - Elisa Shernoff (School), Peter Economou (MAP) and Angelica Diaz-Martinez (Clinical)
- Practicum questions for Clinical Psy.D. & MAP – Dr. Connie Hoyos Nervi (email@example.com)
- Practicum questions for School Psy.D - Dr. Jeff Segal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Center for Psychological Services (CPS) – Dr. Andrea Quinn (email@example.com)
HOUSING AND ON-CAMPUS SERVICES
Buell Residents - Rutgers Residence Life-Buell Apts.
Graduate and Family Residents are NOT required to leave their apartments during this time. All university offices and services will be operating on the typical business schedule (Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm). Some services may alter their schedules – so please visit those services’ websites for the most up to date information.
This includes: Dining, Recreation, Student Centers, etc.
The bus system will be operating on a weekend bus schedule starting tomorrow.
The Busch Residence Life office in Buell will be open during normal business hours. If you’d like to call instead of visiting the office, please call 848-445-2561
If you need Residence Life staff assistance after 5 pm, please contact the following numbers: Buell/Marvin Apartment Assistant on Duty: 908-239-0906. They will be on duty starting at 5 pm on weekdays. They are on duty 24 hours during weekends.
All community Residence Life-sponsored events are canceled through semester-end.
Please continue to follow the general guidelines provided in the email from the President’s office (https://coronavirus.rutgers.edu/).
- Please be mindful when using public amenities like the laundry room.
- Please continue to practice clean and healthy hygiene habits to prevent the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds
- Cough/sneeze into your arm, NOT your hands
- Stay home from work/school/classes if you are feeling sick
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, mouth
- Clean surfaces and objects that are frequently used (like your cell phone, doorknobs, etc.)
We understand this situation is causing many to worry for themselves, or for family/loved ones at home. CAPS (Counseling and Psychiatric Services) is available to all students who may need to process thoughts and feelings regarding this situation.
17 Senior Street (College Avenue Campus)
This page was last updated on 05/27/2020.